The prestigious Research Excellence Awards returned to the 59th PAH Health Symposium.
The Research Excellence Awards showcase a multidisciplinary program of oral and poster presentations—awarding the best allied health, nursing, medical, surgical and laboratory/basic science research undertaken by student and early career researchers.
For the first time in 2019, a third ‘health innovations*’ category was introduced to recognise innovative health research projects outside of direct clinical care and basic science.
Congratulations to the poster and oral award winners listed below!
- Best Poster—Student, Basic/Laboratory Science - Liam O’Brien and Priscila Oliviera De Lima
- Best Poster—Student, Clinical Science - Robert Ellis, Medical Student
- Best Poster—Early-Career, Basic/Laboratory Science - Patrick Thomas
- Best Poster—Early-Career, Clinical Science - Rachel Colbran and Erin Kelly
- Best Poster—Health Innovator - Claire Hackett
- Best Poster—People’s Choice - Shubhra Chandra
- Researcher of the Year—Student, Basic/Laboratory Science - Johanna Erbani
- Researcher of the Year—Student, Clinical Science - Dr Anish Menon
- Researcher of the Year—ECR, Basic/Laboratory Science - Dr Tushar Kumeria
- Researcher of the Year—ECR, Clinical Science - Dr Magdalena Claeson
- Researcher of the Year—People’s Choice - Nameer van Oosterom